- Read the question carefully.
- Be clear in your mind of the purpose in writing.
- Be clear in your mind about the audience you are writing for.
- Plan what you are going to include.
- Plan how you are going to structure it.
- Think about the particular presentation techniques you are going to use, such as bullet points, headings, sub-headings and questions.
- Use language that is appropriate to your target audience.
- Keep the text simple and to the point.
Below you will find plenty of revision material for your GCSE English examinations –
- Paper 1 – Tuesday 5th June – a.m.
- Paper 2 – Thursday 7th June – p.m.
All of the teachers in the English Department wish you the best of luck in all of your examinations (especially English!) and look forward to seeing your hard work rewarded when the results are released on Thursday 23rd August 2007.
Please use the following link to give you a fewÂ hints and tipsÂ on different writing techniques, etc. to help you along your way.