From bullying to bereavement, self-harm to sexuality, “The Good Mental Health Handbook” is a one stop shop of practical resources, strategies and activities to help the whole family navigate some of the most delicate and sensitive issues facing families today.
What Is Mental Health?
Mental health refers to our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. We all have mental health. Our mental health affects how we think, feel, and act. It also impacts on how we cope, interact and form relationships with others, as well as our daily functioning.
Our mental health can vary and be dependent on a number of factors which may include:
- The number of demands and stressors we have
- Our physical health
- Significant life events
- How much sleep we get
- Relationships with other people
- Our diet/ nutritional intake
- Environmental, societal and cultural factors
- How much we engage in leisure activities, hobbies and interests